The City Clerk provides the following functions:
- Serves as custodian of all official records of the City
- Prepares agendas for, coordinates and attends regular and special meetings of the Board of Aldermen, subcommittees and commissions.
- Records the actions of the Board of Aldermen and its subcommittees, and prepares the official proceedings of Board and subcommittee meetings.
- Maintains corporate seal of the City
- Maintains property and burial records for the City Cemetery
- Serves as City Election Officer
- Provides public information/documents in accordance with Missouri Sunshine Law
- Serves as City’s Human Relations Coordinator
- Administers issuance of business and alcohol licenses