Utility Billing Code Changes
The City of Platte City Board of Aldermen voted in February 2015 to make several changes to the Utility Billing Code of the Platte City Code Book. An unsigned copy of the ordinance can be viewed by clicking here Utility Billing Code Changes-Feb 2015.
All code changes will be effective May 1, 2015 except for the Level Pay option which will be effective with the August 2015 billing.
Here is a quick reference list of a few of the items that will be effected by this code update:
- Utility Deposit will be $150.00 residential customers. Customers may elect to sign up for auto pay and in return the utility deposit will be $125.00. Commercial Customers will have a minimum deposit of $150.00, but deposit amount will be based on a 12 month average of like business.
- Leak Adjustments- New procedure for requesting adjustment
- Time Payment Plan- New procedure for requesting an extension to pay your utility bill.
- New Transaction fee for credit/debit card usage up to and including $500.00 will be $2.75. $501.00 and above will be 5% of transaction total
- New disconnection policy and re-connection fee.
- Level Pay Option (This will be effective with the August 2015 Billing cycle)
For additional information please contact City Hall 816-858-3046